Rosemoor Pebble Trail
9th and 10th October at Woodfest
We are here in the woods
Your starting point is just outside the Garden Room where you entered Rosemoor.
Remember the two rules: Please don't touch or move the painted pebbles and please don't walk on any borders or flowers!
You can just use the instructions on your phone or print them off.
They are well hidden so that you can only find them by following these instructions - we don't want members of the public to see them and think they can take them away as 'kindness' stones!
Remember to take some paper and a pencil to write down what picture pebble you find at each point, or take a photo and put it on our Facebook page. Remember there are 12 points.
At the bottom of the page are photos to help if you are stuck - but don't peep unless you need to!
Although younger children may enjoy using the photos as a photo trail instead of using clues.
Good luck and enjoy!!
1. Go down the steps from The Garden Room and turn left. Follow the footpath as it turns to the right, then take the first left towards the Education Centre and find the Tree of Life!
2. Take the first turn to the left and find the cob building - peep through the 3rd window from the left!
3. Retrace your steps back to the Education Centre to the main footpath and turn left. Find the place where you can get married in winter! Take a seat and look high into the rafters!
4. Enjoy your stroll through the formal gardens and go into the Brash play area. Are you sitting comfortably ready for a story? if you are then look straight ahead to find pebble number 4!
5. Very close by you need to be batty to find number 5. Do bats like sliding?
6. Exit the Brash by the exit near the climbing tree and make your way down to the lake to find The Kids Adventure Company in the woods. Are there any 'smore' pebbles to find here? You need to be stumpy to find this pebble!
7. Hope you had fun in the woods- now go and have a look down into the lake near the edge - your grown up may like to take a seat while you look down!
8. Head up towards the climbing tree, but turn left to go over the lower bridge. Clip clop over the bridge but you may want to look over the side to find number 8.
9. At the path junction, turn right then first left to head under the bridge towards Lady Anne's garden. Take a Timotei moment at the waterfall (only the older Mums will get that one!).
10. At the path junction, turn right and explore the Stumpery! In which stump would Harry Potter hide a stone?
11. Turn right out of the Stumpery and head for the Copse. Climb along the climbing wall from left to right (well there had to be some climbing!). Look through the gap in the climbing wall, what do you see?
12. Nearly there - Sail the Green ship wherever you fancy, but be sure to look through the telescope to see which way you are going!
Congratulations you have completed the trail! Hope you enjoyed your Adventure and remember to post your photos on our Facebook page!